Remember

3:08 PM

We go from orange and black to green and red. From ghosts and goblins to Santa and his elves. From handing out candy, to handing out presents.

Unfortunately, I think some of us forget about the in-between. Sometimes the "in-between" is the best part - Twinkies, sandwiches, books, and Thanksgiving!! We need to remember to hand out thanks in between candy and gifts.

It's easy to be grateful for the big things, Family, Gospel, Home, Health, but sometimes we overlook the little things that make the big things that much better.

Like today. Avery and I went for a walk and collected leaves. I was so grateful for our time together. She told me something that was bothering her at school, and we were able to have a nice heart to heart about it. It was warm outside, but not too warm. A perfect November day in Utah. The mountain is beautiful and alive with bright colors.

Today I am thankful for leaves. For walks around the neighborhood. For my family.
I am thankful that I can see the beauty in an ordinary day. There was a time that I didn't know if I would be able to ever see that again. I am thankful for time. I am thankful that time can heal and strengthen.

I am grateful that I can remember to be thankful.

Photobucket




Photobucket

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Blog Archive

Like us on Facebook