Sweet-16, January

8:15 AM


Today starts the first Sweet-16 challenge.  This month we will be focusing on our health.  I don't know about you, but 2015 was a doozy for me, health wise.  I was in and out of Dr.s offices, I tried a dozen different treatments and medications, and then ended up having two major surgeries within just a few months of each other.  I spent TOO much time, in bed watching Netflix.  (Pretty Little Liars, Gilmore Girls, Parenthood and The Originals were my past time.)  I missed a lot of life and doing what I liked doing.

This year I want to be in control of my body, not the other way around.  I know that there are some things I can't help, and I'm still figuring out all that ails me, but for the most part, I am feeling much better and stronger, and I want to keep it that way!

So January's focus will be to get/be/stay healthy.  We will start a habit that we can continue all year long that will help us feeling our best, so that we can be our best.

SLEEP
Commit to going to bed at the same time each night, and waking up at the same time each morning. By keeping a regular sleep schedule, it will help dramatically with the quality of your sleep.  Your brain will be trained when to shut off, so less laying in bed at night trying to fall asleep AND by waking up at the same time, your body will become used to it, and you will no longer struggle with the snooze button.

WATER
Drinking enough water during the day is vital to our health.  We all know we need to drink more, but we still struggle to do it.  This month commit to drinking more water each day.  This one thing will help you FEEL better more than any other thing you could do.

REST
Research shows that mental breaks increase productivity and encourage creativity.  Moments of rest also allow you to keep a sense of self and helps in motivating you to stay focused on your goals.
Taking time each day to rest and reset will actually help you to accomplish more than if you try to just plow through.  This month make a goal to have a deliberate resting period each day.

MOVE
Get up and do something.  You will sleep better, you will have more energy and will be able to focus that energy better by being active.  You can decide to work out at the gym or train for a marathon.
Moving can be something as simple as deciding to go on a bike ride with your kids or taking a walk in the morning.  It really doesn't matter how you move, just do it.  This month make a habit out of moving and focus on how this helps your sleep, your attitude and how your body embraces it.

FOOD
We all know that you are what you eat.  This month commit to being aware of what is going into your body, and how it makes you feel.   Commit to eating a breakfast full of protein, this one habit will set the stage for more energy in your day.  Cut out sodas, add more fruits or vegetables.  The key to this challenge is to be in tune with how food effects you, and make the necessary changes to get more out of your day.  By using food as fuel instead of a friend, activity, or an emotional crutch you will start to feel like you can do anything.

I will be posting tips and motivation on instagram and facebook, so make sure you follow me.  And join the challenge.  Be a supportive member and let me know what you are doing.  We can do this together!

Let's start off our year feeling good, so that we can tackle our dreams!

Here's to a Sweet-16!





Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive

Like us on Facebook