Copy Cat Zuppa Toscana Soup

4:22 PM

Every Halloween we do a little get together over at my house with my sister and her family and my parents. We have the kids dress up in there costumes and we bring soups and treats and play games.

My sister brought over the best soup ever!!! I have made it a few times for church gatherings and I'm always asked for the recipe, so here it is.

Olive Garden Copy Cat Zuppa Toscana Soup
(4-6 servings)
Photobucket
1 lb. Italian sausage
2 large russet potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices.
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 bag Oscar Mayer bacon bits
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 C kale, chopped
2 cans chicken broth
1 qt. water
1 C heavy whipping cream

-Cook sausage in 300 degree oven for approx 30 min.
-Drain on paper towels & cut into slices
-Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water & garlic in pot & cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
-Add sausage & bacon and salt & pepper to taste.
-Simmer for another 10 minutes.
-Turn to low and add kale & cream.
-Heat through and serve


Photobucket

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Blog Archive

Like us on Facebook