2014 Word of the Year

4:43 PM

It's that time of year!  Time to set new goals, get excited about the future, and for me, pick a focus word!

I have been participating in One Little Word for a few years.  One year, delight was my word.  One year, simplify.  It's always a fun process coming up with my word.  And I've realized that I never pick my words,......they pick me.

This year my word is








I've been thinking for the past week or two on what my word would be.  I had a few that I liked, but I just couldn't commit to one.  Then the other day I saw the word "complete" and I KNEW that was it.  Complete was my word!

I looked it up in the dictionary and this is what it said:
com·plete
kəmˈplēt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    having all the necessary or appropriate parts.



  2. 2.
    (often used for emphasis) to the greatest extent or degree; total.

verb
  1. 1.
    finish making or doing.

  2. 2.
    make (something) whole or perfect.


See what I mean by I KNEW this was my word this year!?  It's perfect for what I want to focus on in 2014.



Having all the necessary parts.

I want to concentrate on making sure I don't let one part of my life distract me from ALL the important parts of my life.  I need all the necessary parts to make me happy.  Family, church, fun, work, love, service.  Sometimes I let the kids extra-curricular activities take over, and I get so consumed with car-pool, and practice, schedules, having to do this, and be there, that I forget to serve, or don't make time to go on a date with my husband.  This year, I want to be COMPLETE.  I need more aspects in my life than just my busy schedule!

To the greatest extent or degree.

I want to feel like my days are complete.  I want a complete life!

Finish making or doing.

I want to complete my book!!  This is a big one for me this year.  I'm excited and scared about doing this!

Make whole or perfect.

I want to be a complete mother.  I want to be a complete wife.  I want my family to know that they have all of me. I want to love completely.  This means less distraction when I am serving them.  More one on one time.  I don't want to do anything this year half way.  I want to do go after everything with complete determination, focus and drive.  

Complete.

That's my word, and I'm sticking to it!

What's your word?

Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive

Like us on Facebook