Chicken and White Bean Chili

12:19 PM



I made a goal to try a new recipe once a week.  I like to try new foods, and I have a dream to someday be a good cook, so this is great practice for me.  PLUS, you get tried and true recipes!

I say this dinner was a success.  Hubby and I loved it, my daughter had two huge bowls of it, my picky eater didn't hate it, and my oldest even ate it.  It's the perfect meal on a cold winter's night.  I made it one night after I taught a dance class, and paired it with some corn bread and it was so yummy!  I found the recipe online, and added the corn to it because my Hubby thought it would be a nice addition, and it was!


  • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 2 cans  great northern beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can  chicken broth
  • 1 can chopped green chilies
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1 can of corn

Directions

  1. In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies, corn and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
  2. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. 
Enjoy!

Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive

Like us on Facebook