Banana Bread with Streusel Topping

10:17 AM

I love Banana Bread!

I love Streusel!

I don't know why I didn't think of combining the two before, but now that I have, I can't go back!



This recipe is so moist and delicious with a flavorful crunch topping.  My family always gets excited when they come home and smell this in the oven.   I want another piece right now!

Banana Bread

  • 3  ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup of sugar 
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Streusel Topping
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
  • 1/2  teaspoon cinnamon 


Preheat the oven to 350°F  and butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.

In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas until smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.

Mix all of the Streusel ingredients together with a fork.  Crumble on top of bread.

 Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes (check at 50 minutes) at 350°F  or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Remove the banana bread from the pan. Slice and serve. 


ENJOY!!








Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive

Like us on Facebook